William J. Amann
800-431-7198 (Toll free)
William J. Amann concentrates his practice in the areas of bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, commercial litigation and real estate. He regularly represents national and regional creditors in bankruptcy court and the state courts in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Prior to joining the firm, he served as legal counsel to a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee for the District of New Hampshire. In addition, he has considerable experience in the areas of commercial turnarounds, debt restructuring, equitable subordination, debt re-characterization, asset sales, title insurance, real estate conveyancing, land use, receiverships, premises liability, employment law, evictions and probate administration.
Mr. Amann presently serves on the Board of Directors for the City of Manchester's Public Library Literacy Fund. He is an annual editor for the New Hampshire Bar Association's Supreme Court At-a-Glance article series and regularly speaks before professional and trade groups on the topics of bankruptcy, creditors’ rights and real estate.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Amann was employed by Fidelity Investments as a Trade Resolution Specialist and by Ford Motor Credit Company as an Account Executive and Branch Legal Liaison.
Areas of Practice
- 70% Commercial Litigation
- 20% Bankruptcy
- 10% Real Estate
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Massachusetts, 2001
- New Hampshire, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2001
- Massachusetts School of Law, Andover, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2000
- Saint Anselm College, Manchester, Massachusetts
- Major: English
- Newstream Real Estate
- Flo-Pro Inc.
- New Hampshire Housing Authority
- Bayview Loan
- Discover Card
- Citizens Bank
- Toyota Financial
- Siemens Financial
- RCN Capital, LLC
- Anagnost Companies
- NH Tables of Stone
- Bankruptcy Litigation, National Business Institute (NBI), 2010 - 2012
- Commercial Evictions & Leaseholds in Bankruptcy, Sterling Educ., 2010 - Present
- The Foreclosure Process, National Business Institute (NBI)
- Lender Liability Issues, National Business Institute (NBI)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member, 2004 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Ablitt & Charlton, P.C.
- Bodoff & Associates, Boston, Associate, 2009 - 2010
- Sheehan Phinney Bass & Green, PA, Of Counsel, 2008 - 2009